Acne at this Age? But I’m no longer a teenager.
Contrary to some myths about acne, pimples are not for only teens going through puberty and hormonal upheaval. In spite of the fact that they may the highest percentage of the population that may have to cope with unsightly pimples, acne can affect just about anyone and speaking from personal experience, if left untreated or un-prevented, acne can be just as debilitating physically and emotionally on adults as it is for teens. Actually, adult acne may even be more devastating since there’s no excuse such as “it’s just puberty, you will outgrow it….” I guess all the people who tried to console me as a teen, who sadly had to deal with acne till I was about 22, were wrong. They meant well, but were still wrong. Now, adult acne plagues 25% of adult males and up to 50% of adult females, though it is often not recognized. Consequently, how to effectively control this predicament is obviously necessary. Although, conventional treatments of acne for adults and teens are what a good deal of the population turns to, based on my experiences and dare I say common sense, what worked for me was and is a natural acne remedy. Since treatment and control for adult acne does not differ drastically from that for teens, with drug-free healing, these simple steps could be used by anyone coping with acne problems.
1. First and foremost, I care not what some sites and product endorsers say about how diet doesn’t affect acne; you have got to make a change in your eating habits, plain and simple. You are what you eat. If you want to have clearer skin and the added bonus of improved health, of course eating right will be essential. That said: Fruits and vegetables friends. Shop more in the produce aisle and steer clear of the snack stands at the cash register. It’s worth the sacrifice and this forms the basis of an internal acne treatment right there from its root cause.
2. For external acne-care, you could learn such simple tips as facial massaging and exercises. However, (now I’m speaking from what I went through and believe me I had acne BAD…) simply washing your face with nothing but clean hands and plain cool water may perhaps be the most efficient way to clean the pores. Combined with the facial massaging and occasional steaming of the face, this will be very sufficient to clean the skin.
3. Change your pillowcases daily and make sure you have a towel exclusively for your face or you could employ the use of paper towels.
4. If you use greasy hair-products, shampoo the hair before retiring or at least use a clean do-rag to hinder the introduction of oily substances to the pillowcase and inevitably your face while asleep.
5. On that subject, try to also sleep on the right side. Besides checking against contaminations getting on the face, this is great for the heart and lungs and allows for a better and restful sleep (which co-incidentally helps with controlling acne.)
6. For males, when shaving, shave in the direction of the hair-growth (mostly downwards) and for an after-shave procedure, look into face massaging and occasional facial steaming as well.
7. For females-Avoiding the use of elaborate and inadvisable makeup regimens is advised. Besides, the clearer your skin becomes, you will see less of a need to have to spend time using make-up. It’s safe to say most guys like you ladies- you know…natural.
8. Deal with stressful situations amicably. This is another topic into itself but briefly these work: Proper diet (factor #1), proper thinking habits and exercise. For stress, allow me to mention Yoga-don’t have the space to explain why, but friends, with its sun-exercises and its derivative, Hindu push-ups, Yoga is awesome for stress-relief. Adult Acne can be frustrating and embarrassing, but with the steps above, take it from a guy who went through it and doesn’t anymore, you definitely will be on the path towards clearer skin. So empower yourself with the use of these tips to be free from adult acne starting today. In Friendship, Foras Aje
Kids and Teen Furniture Articles
Kids and Teen Furniture Books